This is one of my favourite dishes. It is quick and easy to cook, yet very delicious. Every time my family and I have a meal in a Chinese restaurant, I always request for this dish.
I have cooked Gongbao chicken many times and even modified some of the ingredients. The recipe I am sharing with you is the one that I like the most.
- 2 pieces of chicken breast fillet
- 3 tbs sweet soy sauce
- 1 tbs rice wine
- 2 tbs cold water
- 3 tbs corn flour
- 1 tbs red vinegar
- 1 tbs chicken powder
- 3 tbs sugar (if you don’t like sweet taste, just put 2 tbs sugar)
- 1/2 ts salt
- 1 tbs sesame oil
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 onion
- 1 green capsicum
- 1/2 cup of cashew nuts or macadamia nuts. (I use macadamia nut. It actually tastes better with macadamia nuts)
- Cooking oil
How to cook:
- Cut the chicken fillet into 2.5 cm cubes. Marinate them in the rice wine, 1 tbs of sweet soy sauce, water, and 2 tbs corn flour for at least 30 minutes.
- Mix 3 tbs sweet soy sauce, red vinegar, chicken powder, sugar, sesame oil and 1 tbs of corn flour in a small bowl.
- Peel and finely slice the garlic and onion. Cut the green capsicum into 2.5 small cubes.
- Heat the oil in the frying pan. Brown the chicken. Then move it to a plate.
- Fry the onion for about 2 minutes. Add the garlic.
- Put the chicken back to the frying pan. Add the capsicum.
- Mix them all gently, then add the sauce in the middle.
- Add the macadamia nuts. Mix them all.