Rendang is an authentic Indonesian traditional dish. It usually takes a few hours to cook, but if you cook it in a pressure cooker, it takes about 25 minutes.
- 700 gr beef sliced into 1,5 x 1,5 cm cubes
- 400 ml coconut milk
- 1 sweet paprika (remove the seeds)
- 1 cm ginger
- 1 ts salt
- 3 small red onions
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 tbs of tamarind paste
- 1 tbs of turmeric
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 piece of lemon grass (press the lemon grass)
How to cook it:
- Mix the sweet paprika, ginger, red onions, garlic in a food processor to make a paste.
- Put the beef, the mixture paste, coconut milk, salt, tamarind paste, bay leaf, and lemon grass in the pressure cooker.
- Cook it for 25 minutes on full pressure.