I ate Karaage chicken for the first time in a Thai Japanese restaurant in Kalgoorlie. I fell in love with the dish right way as it is crispy and delicious.
After a few attempts to cook the dish using different kinds of recipes and modifications, I finally found the perfect one for me. Hopefully you will like it, too.
- 1 chicken breast fillet (The portion is enough for 1-2 persons)
- 1 clove of garlic
- potato flour
- dark soy sauce
- 1 lemon
- 1 carrot, Roma tomatoes, and spinach for garnish
- Japanese mayonnaise
- Cooking oil
How to cook it:
- Cut the chicken into 3 x 1.5 cm cubes.
- Grate the ginger. Peel and finely slice the garlic.
- Marinate the chicken in the grated ginger, garlic, squeezed lemon, soy sauce, salt and pepper for about 20-30 minutes.
- Heat the oil in the frying pan. Make sure that the oil is enough for deep frying.
- Coat the chicken in the potato flour right before frying it.
- Fry the chicken in batches.
- Finely slice the carrot using a julienne peeler.
- Half the tomatoes.
- Finely slice the spinach.
- Slice the lemon.
- Serve with Japanese mayonnaise.